Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Yash Chopra Jokes Aside


I'm going to Switzerland.

Joy is one of the things that is sadly understated in prose. Unless its in Punjabi. However, I'm neither qualified, nor able to write Punjabi Prose. Someday, I shall be.

The Joy, however, is perfectly understandable.

As it is with most Good Indian Boys (and as I've mentioned earlier before getting lost in a semi-lament of my inability to write in Punjabi, oh damn I better get back to the point already), I'm going to Switzerland. I'm exceedingly over the moon about this, because as it is not with most good Indian Boys, I'm not going on an SOTC tour accompanied by Gujju bhais, bens and tour chef, nor am I starring in a major Bollywood movie. However, I do hope to get to see beautiful women in Chiffon Saris on the slopes of the Alps. Yes, I realize that they don't come as a part of the regular scenery.

What I am going for is the International Student Conference at St. Gallen University. It's this really great world wide symposium, and they select 200 students based on an essay competition and fly them down and board and feed them for free. Yes,I'm one of them. Spontaneous Joy Explodes.

Needless to say, I'm very excited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good going man! have fun there!

Anonymous said...

You just devalued the very meaning of getting into that symposium for all the earnest aspirants and successful applicants.