Friday, December 09, 2005

You Go Girl!



I returned to the Alma Mater today, for the uninitiated that happens to be Delhi Public School R.K Puram, the wonderful place where I spent my school days. Getting back on track, it was indeed a pleasant and warming experience, which is exactly what you need when you're stuck in a Delhi Winter. I love being home yes, but there's not much in particular I enjoy about sub 20 degree tempratures. One met beloved teachers, annoying juniors, and spent a decent amount of time involved in the ever present activity of Shutting Manav Up.

For those again uninitiated with a phenomenon named Manav Kapur, it quite frequently latches on to you, becomes very loud and obnoxious, and will on occasion hit on you, regardless of your gender. Many studies, surveys, and solutions have been tried, but to no avail. There are few ways known to get rid of this Manav creature. However, somewhere in RKP there is hope, and it's in section 10 D.

I'm in the library at school, and this nice tich of a girl comes up to me, and tells me she likes reading my blog, so I say how nice of you, thank you very much. Manav gets annoyed that above mentioned lady has not been reading his outdated and long dead journal, and questions her to the same. Our lady replies in a sweet and polite tone that she has never heard of the rag. At this point, Manav badgers on further, explaining how Blah! carries a link to the same, and went as far as to tell her the appropriate URL. He then nary commands the girl to go visit, something she is clearly not very impressed with. She smiles at the lad, and tells him "I shall do my best not to visit the said place", or something along those lines.
Manny, now obviously hurt, goes "What was that supposed to mean", to which she responds in quick and biting tone "It's called Sarcarsm", and walks away.

Manav, he who cannot be silenced, was. He had been shut up in quick and suave fashion by a young lady three years his junior. A hush and pallor fell over a once noisy library, broken half a second later by my constant and undying laughter. I turned to the girl, to get her name.
Sadly, I was laughing too hard to pay proper attention. EDIT: I have been told it is Akshara. If you are reading this, you have my heartiest congratulations, you could be the cure to a vile and virile disease. At any rate you gave me and some of our teachers a damn good laugh. Pip pip, and three cheers to you.

No comments: