Saturday, February 11, 2006

Tis a Merry World



Don't let the rants of an overworked man misguide you. It is truly a wonderous, beautous world. Filled with things enough for you to laugh at, and mock, and generally enjoy. If like me, you are at home, with work almost over, and generally lazing about(haha, suckers, most of you Aren't!) you'd notice nice and ownderful things in the world around you.

Total TV


For the uninitatied, this is (yawn) another news channel that I noticed has come up in the recent past. I noticed it because it rudely displaced Zee English from my TV. I was going to angrily replace the old one, when I was held positively enthralled by the display in front of me. In the midst of the MCD demolition drive furore, when MG1was torn down, they picked on a most original story- the indescribably heartmoving plight of the Indian Fashion designers. About how the whole world neglects them and treats them not well. One of them actually made statements like "Delhi wants to be a Dubai or a HongKong. But look at Dubai. It never wanted to be a HongKong. Thats why it is the way it is". Yesterday, at primetime, 9 pm, they were showing a colony musical chairs. With middle aged ladies. Fat middle aged ladies. National News, indeed.

Valentines Day


The world and every thing else in it insists on telling me that they have the Ideal Romantic Day planned out for me. Hutch, for example, irritatingly enough calls me up and messages me incessantly, urging me to try out its Special Valentines Ringtones and CallerTunes. How, exactly, is that romantic, is anyones guess. And then All the TV channels which insist on showing sappy romantic fare. My only question to these brain surgeons is this. WHO will watch these movies on Valentines Day, when tradition calls on you to be out on a date(and if youre the unlucky one, spending quite a bit). If, on the other hand, you Are alone and home, I'm guessing cheesy movies are only going to increase your plight. Why would advertisers waste their precious money on this futile venture? But then, I guess, what I am not able to appreciate is that Love is Romantic(snigger).

In this lovely world which never ceases to remind you of how silly things can get and how much better off you are than the other idiots who are currently setting their ringtones to "Nothing Gonna Change My Love For You". And oh, did I mention, the weathers improving again? Its not bitterly cold anymore! Life, as they say, is good.

No comments: