Thursday, March 02, 2006

Bush Aaya Re



Why does this not surprise me?

IITians welcoming US partnership, and JNU calling Arundhati Roy to aide in their spectacularly stupid protests.

Its what to be expected, I guess. As I candidly mentioned a couple of posts ago, things labelled Jawaharlal Nehru University don't exactly have progressive thinking written all over them. They usually have communist slogans written all over them, but that's another story.
Now, I'm no fan of Mr. Bush, and quite frankly wouldn't be endeared to live in his dear country under his benevolent rule. But trade with it? Sure! They're the biggest market in the world, and as a developing country, you've got to be stark raving mad to turn it down in terms of exports, or indeed as a source of foreign direct investment.
JNU's comarades in (h)arms, the CPIM has taken the opportunity to march out of parliament and protest the death of "India's Independant Foreign Policy", and kowtowing to the States. I love how trade beneficial to well...us is kowtowing to pressure, when the alternative is supporting a crazy deranged Mullah and his fucked up country's desire for nuclear power. But lets leave that aside. The other objection to Mr. Bush visiting, by our glorious left and they nanna munna rahi's, JNU students is that he's an oil thief and vicious dictator. I didn't hear a peep out of them when Saudi Arabia's King(read vicious dictator interested in destroying streetside hindu temples) was the Chief Guest at the Republic Day parade. That's excusable. Where's the detriment to India in protesting that. There are bigger things to target.

So welcome, Mr. Bush. Sign a couple of nuclear deals, allow back export of Indian Mangos to US, open up a few new avenues, and then kindly leave. You're not very well liked, but that's not relavent now, is it? I think Microsoft is an overbearing monopoly, but I'm still banging this out on Windows. Because it's advantageous for me to.

So sit down and shut up, JNU. Once I'm rich and decadent enough, I'll raze your campus to the ground, for the fun of it. And pay my way out of it using the wonderful legal system of your creation.
The irony, the beautiful irony.

No comments: