Saturday, March 11, 2006

Dorothy Chong



Dorothy Chong is the inter-varsity debating championships, held in NTU every year. As member of Debating society, I attended the same.
With that statement of the blindly obvious out of the way, let me just say that good things, and bad things happened over the course of the tournament.

Good thing: I broke into the quarterfinals
Bad thing: I lost in the quarterfinals, in a close match with the NUS A Team.
Good thing: My speaker scores in the tournament, which help my cause for going for the Asian Union Debating Championships being held in Manila, are pretty decent.
Bad thing: I messed up a whip speech, which I shan't reconcile myself with anytime soon.
Good thing: Nur Amira bte Abdul Karim redifined the meaning of "water cooler moments".
Bad thing: Amira's new mission is to get me drunk in Phillipenes.
Good thing: Food is cheap and subsidised in NTU, which is great after being in the middle of bleddy town.
Bad thing: Getting there means spending a pretty packet on cabs, I might as well have gone out and had a fancy dinner.

Birthday Wishes



It's dearly departed Douglas Adams' birthday today. Just thought I'd mention that.

Tired. Work piles up.
Don't want to do it.
Shan't.

No comments: