Monday, December 29, 2003

Nine Pins



My SAT preparation is not going well. I'm praticing from Barrons, which is really demoralizing, and I've forgotten all my tricks in Triangles, and Number Systems, which means I need to do some maths practice. Otherwise I'm not going to imporve my maths scores. Which is really bad, cos my critical reading is going from bad to worse.

Well, after a rather bad Mock SAT, I had a rather good lunch. I went to lunch to Vasant Lok, with company, minus Gyan and Damini, who conspicuously shafted us. Unfortunate. It was enjoyable. We ate at Yo China, which offers SST chinese (who'd have thought) fare. SST, for the uninitiated, stands for Sundar, Sasta and Takaoo.

Then we were Minus Manav and PC, who had to head of for tuition. So I had my dessert at Barista, having the Dark Tempatation, which was as usual, amazing. In mine, and Vrinda's exact words, nothing can possibly be too chocolatey.

As usual, we met about Hazaar log at Vasant Lok. And since Vidz was there, she met about Das Hazaar, as she has the largest network I have seen. A credit to her, really.

Well, I felt guilty about the amount I've been eating lately, and I happened to perchance at my stomach, which is starting to assume proportions that do not please me, and decided that I should walk back from Vasant Lok. Considering I had to walk Vidz to her friends in C Block, and ended up at Olof Palam Marg walking anyways, where I unsuccesfully tried to meet No Longer Fatty, it wasnt that far walking. That is by my standards, of course. Only 40 mins from there.

Quite a few of my friends, and acquintances, and pretty much every guy in the Interact Club have gone and got girlfriends. And its all happened really fast. The last man standing in interact (and I mean man, in the strictest definition) seems to be PC.

Will he be the next to fall? Will I be the last bachelor left? These are pertinent questions. One can only hope that there is some sense left in the world.

Its strange really. Its not spring. Its effing cold, in fact, and the only real thing that a young mans fancy turns to in this weather is Gajar Ka Halwa.

Well, I've been proved wrong. There's something in the air, so I'll just accept it, and wish all you guys best of luck, and hope everything is hunky dory, and remains so till April, when we can enjoy life again. (Summer starts)

And to those of us who can't seem to get gels, but want to, the Frustrated One Sided Lovers Association of IIM, case in point, this only goes to show that there is still hope.

No comments: