Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Streetwalking



Happy New Year! Its a cold start, but we're in the wrong hemisphere, thats all.

I surpassed myself yesterday, and actually had fun on new years day. I was at a party organised by my parents and family friends, (the Jolly's), and held at their house, and this would have been an awful bore, but I called Gyan, PC and Manav along. So instead of getting bored, and having sad story to share the next morning, we had a good time, and can claim to have been out on new years this year. Yay. Ultimate achievement.

Well, the music wasnt very good at the beggining, so after failed efforts to get ourselves dancing, me and Gyan that is, we decided to head out for a walk. We returned 15 mins to midnight, and the music had got better. So we danced till new years, and then a bit after. We then proceeded to have Chocolate Truffle Cake, making it the 5th time in 7 days that I gorged on Chocolate Truffle, my opinions on which have already been discussed.

Well, then, the cheps had to return, so we went for lambi saair, first dropping Gyan off to his place, and then proceeded to PC's. We had long enlightening conversations on our walks, some of which were actually pretty lucid. Then Manny got nostalgic, and we told him to put a cork in it. Nostalgia is a bad thing. It prevents you from making new things to be nostaligic about.
Prateek and me have grown up, by the way. So I think its time we reverse our bet. First won there wins, Sir, instead of last.

After dropping PC, we proceeded to get caught in E block, as all the gates were closed. We finally found an open gate around 1 25 in the morning, and then I told manav that we were going to jog, as we were late in returning. So I got the poor chap to jog for the first time in years, and he actually managed 5 minutes before conking out. Its quite and invigorating experience, and seeing how I again need to lose weight, but have no intentions of getting up in the morning, I shall go on night jogs.

So we reached Archana in five, and took ten minutes more to get back to the place, again due to locked gates. What this city's obssesion with locking gates is is beyond me. They can at least keep the smaller gates for people open. Terrible, terrible.

Manav, by the way, is on his way to Kerala, on the 6 o'clock flight. Lucky lucky dog. And he had the gall to complain about it. Terrible, terrible.

Well, its been a pretty decent start, but then there's not been a lot of it.

Resolutions? I'll make them up as and when I need them. Todays resolution is to score 1500 + again. That is all.

No comments: