Friday, March 05, 2004

Practicals



I had both my practicals today. Doing one practical after the other is not something I would reccomend to anyone in their right mind. Thankfully, I am not in my right mind, never have been. So it wasn't a major issue.

The chem prac was a disaster, the kipps apparatus was not working, hence my group 4 test came negative. Thankfully, ma'am gave us a little leeway, and told me and Aastha, the other unfortunate stuck with the group 4 salt, to do the thingummy again, at which point it did come correct. Yay.

My Viva went well, I answered all my questions correctly, albiet taking a bit of time to decide whether NO2 got oxidised or reduced.

Then, my Volumetric analysis. First, the base was not availible. When the base became availible, I discovered my biurette did not work. I then discovered that two further biurettes did not work.

At this point, I had all of half an hour left to do my Volumetric analysis, which is responsible for me getting the wrong answer.

One hopes and prays that only 1 mark is cut for this.

Then, my physics prac went great. By luck, I got Beam Balance and spring constant to do, both very easy experiments.

Blah. That is all. Now I have four days of hard core chemistry ki padhai ahead of me.

Don't drink and Derive.

No comments: