Monday, May 03, 2004

Evergreen Reloaded



For those of you unfamliar with Evergreen Sweet House, its one of those hallmarks of South Delhi, the Bengali Sweet Market of our fair land.
Now, I hadn't had Gol Gappa's in quite a while, owing to my Ulcers, and Chapters in economics relating entirely to the pleasure obtained from eating the above had much increased my desire to consume the above. So I went to Evergreen after quite a bit of time today, to satisfy my hunger.

I was much taken aback. Evergreen has renovated, and become all sanitized-fast-food-joint types. Gone are the steel plates and cutelery, its gone onto a second floor, its become all sanitized, and here's the absolute worst part. The Gol Gappa's and Chaat have moved inside.

This means that you get Gol Gappa's in a plate, with the paani and aalo separate. You, I repeat, YOU are supposed to make the Gol Gappa yourself, and eat it not in the usual rush, but at your own sweet pace. On top of that, the Paani wasn't chilled. Needless to say, My Marginal Utility derived had definitely fallen.

Now, call me a bluffo traditionalist, but this had spoilt all the fun. I'm going to complain. I want my Gol Gappa's back.

Some things just shouldn't change.

No comments: