Saturday, May 22, 2004

Strange food-related obsessions



Two food-related obssesions have struck me in as many days. Now, this isn't a really strange occurance, as most obssesions of mine revolve either around food, or shiny objects.

The first was yesterday. Gol Gappa's and Chuski.
As I had earlier written, we protested to the mangament of Evergreen, and with good effect. The Gol Gappa Stand is back outside, the Paani is chilled again, and the bite is back. Wonderful, wonderful. The chuski was godawful though. Kala Khatta, which was neither Kala, nor Khatta. Most dissapointing.

The second was today, Hot Chocolate Fudge at Nirulas. My crowning achievement was not actually eating the damn thing, but convincing Vinay to step outside of his house at half past 1 in the afternoon, and accompany me to the Chanakya Nirulas.
Of course, this was easier, as I was treating him to one as well, but we shouldn't discount the magnitude of this achievement. Eaps is possibly the laziest human being to grace this god given earth. Walking is his least favorite activity, and he has all his fast food numbers on speed dial. (He's very tall and lean, he tells me, but lets see how long that lasts).
So congratulate me. His parents sure did.

No comments: