Thursday, July 14, 2005

Judgement Day



Today, I took care of my final obligation as President of Debating Society of D.P.S R.K Puram. I returned in my passed out state(No, I was not drunk) to Judge the Dhruv Rajgharia Inter Section Debate. In doing so, I also had A Whole Lot of Fun.

First of all, it's really very different being at the other end of a stage. I'm used to being up there, speaking, making a complete fool out of myself, and generally having a blatant disregard for the Right Way of Doing Things. Instead, I was watching on in a nice and sober Shirt and Pant, looking very formal and listening on with immaculate care and interest. Never have so many girls tried to suck up to me, or butter me up; all in the interests of getting a few extra points on a sheet. Never have I so politely refused all their advances... Maybe that's pushing things, but I was really on my very best behaviour. I guess that's what the burden of responsibility does to you(rolls eyes at self). A line of speakers bombards you with the arguments, sometimes clearly formed and witty, most of the time utter and complete crap.

My co-judges were Sonali Punhani and Vrinda Marwah(The Glass Chewing One), and the topic was straightjacketed, albiet interesting. "Discipline should be inculcated, not enfored" was what it was. I am a rationalist and libertarian at the best of times, and firmly believe in the whole inculcation bit. Discipline in my opinion is nothing but the ability to pass off immediate pleasure for greater pleasure later on, and the ability to make that rational choice. How such a personal desicion can be enfored is beyond my simple comprehension. However, both the speakers who won were against the motion, so props to them.

It Moves!



One of the side effects of my months of insanity is that I have a pretty decent stomach, in the sense that it does not spill over, nor has loose folds hanging around it. One of the side effects of that is that it Moves! I can belly dance! Forget shaking one's ass, I can shake my abs. This also seriously freaks a lot of my friends out, and to get that point across, they punch my stomach. Repeatedly. Actually, they punch my stomach repeatedly just for the fun of it, and don't really need any such reason. This disturbs me, greatly. I have become a punching bag for batamweights such as Vidz, heavy weights such as Skaranses, and Oh My God He's Over-Weights like Nisheeth. I do not like being hit in the belly, it's a very personal thing for me.

So if any of you are reading, Cease and Desist!

No comments: