Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Random Disconnected Post



So much to write about, so little time...
It's my last few days in Delhi, before I head off to Singapore. It's officially less than a month to go, and boy that makes me feel good. It's about time I became a college boy.

Printers



Printers hate me. I kid you not, they actually have a passionate dislike for me, especially anything that's labelled HP. Put the suffix Deskjet in front of that and I'm in for a fun afternoon of yelling, abusing and general nastiness. Last night I spent a good forty five minutes in Mortal Kombat with my deskjet 640C, to take out all of five printed sheets. Here's how the routine works. I click on the little print button on MS Word, a little printing symbol appears. This bears no relavance to the actual time the printer might decide to start up. A minute later, I heard the monster growl and grumble, and it devouvers paper to take the printout. Except no, it shall not take one, it shall take five in a go. The first printout only just squeezes out. The following four papers are now permanently lodged in the entrails and machinery of the beast.

Diversion::: Speaking of entrails, on one of my nice long walks back from faraway places in this oh so pleasant rainy weather, I spotted of all things, a very large dead frog on the road. There was no nearby pond, or even water source and it seemed very out of place. Poor Frog.
Moral of the story: Look before you leap

Back to the point. I now struggle to inch the paper out of the printer, and unjam the thing. This achieved, I start this process again. With the same result. Repeat Ad Nauseum, till my prints are complete. Gah. I Hate Printers.

Return of the Sasssta



On a recent expidition with friends, including the Afore Mentioned Anurag Sud and the Less Mentioned Akshat Vyas and Abeer Guha one played pool at Priya(I'm really the bomb with alliteration). So here's how things went.

Sud Tries to take very difficult shot, without much look at the cue ball.
Sud: Yaar, Bridge Nahin Ban Raha (I can't make the bridge)

Guha: Isliye Civil lena chaahiye thaa( That's why you should have taken Civil Engineering)

Bhavya: Slaps head and congratulates self on wonderful company, that can match bad puns with him.
Of course, there is little to beat Vyas's candid and brilliant observations. Sample this, while he was discussing the experience of being bitten in the arse.
Vyas: Yaar, mere colony mein German Shepard Thaa. Kutta Thaa, Saala!
Rest of Company: Saale, aur kya hota?

Ah, life, she is good again.

No comments: