Saturday, January 29, 2005

In The End



Yesterday's farewell was best summarised by the one track we managed to headbang to before the decided to shoo us away. By some stroke of genius, they picked a song that summarized most people's life story over the last three months.
It goes something like this.

I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter.

But seriously, every line seemed to be speaking out to us, and a large motley crew dressed in Sari's Suits and Sherwanis (oh, and the odd Dhoti Kurta was well) screaming out the lyrics with feeling and credibility really makes sense. While In The End happened to be a song about jilted love, it sort of spoke to us about our last few months, probably because of the repetitive jilts we have been getting, from every possible angle. The nice chart paper board where we could write our "Final Words" had a few gems as well. Still unable to get over an Almost Famous fixation, I had to write that my last words were, well, "I am GOLDEN GOD!"
And I am, too. Oh, and some smart fellow came up with the bright idea of labelling the batch of 2006 as Munnabhai, MMS, but I'm sure he wouldn't like the recognition for that invention...

I put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go...

Yeah, well, we did. And in the end, it doesn't really matter ,does it?
Ah, on a personal front, the nice dinner we had planned after the school's farewell sorta fell apart, for reasons that interesting as they are should not be mentioned in public. Lets just say I have a few grouses, and as much as I'd like to, I prefer to keep my private battles off a public forum.

Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings

My time at school is up, all further visits are prefunctory, or for the pure fun of it. Whatever happens, I no longer go back as a student, but as an alumni. The next two months are going to go slowly, but at the same time will fly by before I know it. Life will alternate between being busy, and being unimaginably dull, and it's going to test me good.

Things aren't the way they were before
You wouldn't even recognize me anymore

In some ways, you wouldn't. In some ways ,I'm struggling to retain my Elated monicker, and till now, I've still mostly won the fight. But every so often, I have to vent out a lotta frustapa on Blah!, to keep the rest of me sane.
How could I leave without offering my two bits of advice. You see, unlike many of my friends, born and bred dipsites, I've left a place before. The questions on everyone's mind is always what happens next. A lot worry, what will happen to our friendships? Will they survive the test of time? Would you still hang out with the same people after six months in college, before coming home from break?
Well, lemme tell you straight off. Three things are going to happen.
There's going to be a group, larger for some, almost nonexistent for others, that distance, time apart and fate crushing opportunity will be unable to break apart. Who are these chosen few? Ah, there's the catch. Only time will tell.
The next group is the one that stings the most. The chaps who just fade away. Often, they'll be people you considered your busom buddies, and quite often, they'll end up being the busiest.
The third and final group is the most exciting. The suprise packages. Aquintances that you thought you'd never think of again, but will end up becoming inseperable friends of yours. Well, at least till the next big hurdle comes along.

So who'll fit in who, in my life? I'd love to say I don't have a clue, but someone who's life and existence is run by his stomach generally has pretty accurate gut feelings.
Do you get to know what those are?
Fat chance.
It'll all come back to me In The End.

No comments: