Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Interro-Banged!



I conducted my intra-school trainer quiz "Interrobang", along with partner in crime Manav Kapur, and a motley gang of helper children. It was the exact opposite of the now famous and copylefted phrase "an unmitigated disaster". It was in my opinion, incredibly fun and exciting, in as much as it had a close finish, and now I shall brag and say that our questions were really great. They were varied, well researched, and mostly workable, which by the way is exactly the way a quiz should be. The level of arbitness was kept to a distinct minimum. It also put me back on my spiritual homeground, the AVH at DPS R.K Puram. I have a great comfort level with that stage, and it's fun tending to a packed, bored and highly abusive class 11 audience. It's even more fun doing this wearing the loudest tie in the entire world.
About the tie, let me expand. This monstrosity had tulips in four different colors: red, purplish blue, orange and yellow. The tulips were contrasted with squares colored in various combinations of said colors. On top of that, I ensured it did not go with my shirt, and was thus the most jarring thing on stage, taking the stress away from my questions. Have to protect my precious little questions.

Anyhow, the quiz did end up being fun for parts of the audience, all of the teams, and most importantly, me. There's nothing a quizmaster enjoys more than being complimented on his repetoire, and all was much appreciated. Additionally, the school was nice enough to pay me for my efforts, and hard earned efforts those were. All in all, a wonderful experience. My question bank is now open, now that the quiz is over and I don't like repeating questions, so anyone who wishes to have a peek, drop me an email.

FU Fashion: The Phoenix Rises



A long time ago, one of my less successful side blogs was one "FU Fashion", no guesses what the FU stood for. Anyhow, it touted both me and my friend PC's expert views on fashion, and was thus a remarkable failure. People didn't seem to buy the fact that we are in fact, fashion genii. I mean, we're talking about me here, the man who did away with all the problems associated with matching the right clothes by doing away with all but three non-clashing colors in his wardrobe. If that isn't genius, I don't know what is.
Anyhow, everyone told us we were nuts, and thus it died an untimely death.
Why do I bring this up? Well, as you may recall, JAM magazine had asked me to write for them, and I just got my first job, a couple of weeks back. You see, I'm going to be covering the Lakme India Fashion Week for them, the mecca of Indian Fashion. I find this highly ironic. They laughed, oh yes, they laughed, and now the world conspires against them, so I can laugh back.
So sit back, while I have a good bellow, I deserve it.

Semi-nude models and Yana Gupta tomorrow, bey.
Sweetness.

No comments: