Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Thodi si toh Lift Karade



I love my life, I love a lot of things about it. I'm one of them, as many would have noticed. I'm an out and out narsiccist, not about my looks, but the very nature of me. Thus, it pains me greatly to see myself in any light I do not like, and it pains me greatly when I know I can do something about it.

My physical appearance is one of those things. Now, I can't do anything, as I have previously mentioned, about my height. Genetics dealt me a lousy hand there, and there's not much further I can go. My face, again, short of Plastic Surgery cannot be improved upon, gotta live with that again. But it galled me to no end that I had to spend life as a scrawny underweight kid. It galled me that my bones showed everywhere, and it galled me that it didn't have to be this way, that I had payed a cardinal sin of wasting away ages 5-10 without playing enough sports. After that age, it doesn't seem to matter, you're screwed for good.
So I resolved, a long time back, that once I stopped growing vertically, I would ensure I grew the rest of me. There are things that need to be changed, and this was one of them.
That time came this year. I haven't grown in a year and a half, and I've given up hope on that front. I've peaked out, nothing more I can do there. That's the motive taken care of.
I now also had time free, in the mornings, opportunity was there. To finish the triumvrate of action, the Means were availible to me, a decent gym with a good trainer.
So I've been going to the Gym for a while now, and it's starting to pay off. I've gained a decent amount of weight, and the scales which had become permanently stuck in the early fifties, have gone past the sixty mark (after I've rehydrated myself with some water, of course). The weight, a fact that pleases me even more, is all in the right places, no paunch for this little piggy.
I plan to hit my target weight in June, a wonderful month where I plan to hit my target for many things I've set out to achieve. I shall be a cook by June, I shall be able to do my own books by June, I shall be able to drive competently before June.

The rest of the world may or may not give me opportunities, there are no garauntees on that. The only garauntee I have is myself, and I refuse to cheat myself of that.

Here's to me, and here's to about as personal an entry as you'll ever see on this journal.
Don't expect more, there won't be.

No comments: