Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Very Fishy



Today, I had my first not satisfactory result in the kitchen. My fish curry lacked zing, it needed more spice. Aside from that, the fish chosen was Rohu, which I will advise everyone in the entire world never to attempt eating. It's not worth it. It's really not. The fish has bones, several several bones, and scales. It does not cook evenly, it doesn't even taste nice, it's generally a waste of time and effort. I was much dissapointed, and next time I even attempt cooking fish, I shall ensure we stick to our usual Catfish(Singhara).
However, all was not lost. I learnt several valuable lessons, such as, how to fry kadi patta, how to prepare masalas for curry, and just how much salt is too much salt. These are all very wise things to know in the long run, and should definitely be taken as positive lessons.
Lets move on.
I've finally settled down with my new keyboard, which was in fact my brother's college computer's keyboard. I had this wonderful Samsung jobbie, which had volume controls and soft touch and everything, which I unfortunately had to give up, because PC came, dropped the bloody thing, and broke the P. One cannot realistically function on a computer with a broken P, so I immediately replaced it with this one.
Now, this is also a samsung, and I'm not CNET, but anyone ever buying a keyboard should definitely go for Samsung. They're the second best keyboards I've ever used, the best being the HCL ones in the Alma Mater's computer lab. One's fingers just flies over those.
On the matter of keyboards, it is interesting to note that Apple Computers, usually the forerunners in design technology, cannot for the life of them design a decent keyboard, or mouse. They're just terrible, they don't hit right, and lock up every so often. You have to be some bloody expert to keep them moving at a decent pace.

Enough about that.
Summer is here, and if I had the energy to step outside with a digital camera, I would give you the defining moment of a Delhi Summer, in a beautiful snapshot moment. It's there everywhere, it's the Mother Dairy or Kwality Walls Ice Cream Cart under the shade of the nearest tree. They're all over the place, with their respective gentlemen sellers enjoying naps on top of the carts. They make getting ice cream exceedingly simple, and ice cream is one of those things you need to exist in a Delhi Summer.
Another one of them is Aam Panna, and that shall come around shortly. How I richly await my Aam Panna.

No comments: