Saturday, May 07, 2005

My First Feature!



Yesterday, my copy of JAM arrived in the mail(well, technically, it's my brother's copy, but since he no longer lives here, mine by right), and reaching the point, I just saw my first written feature. I must say, I was much enthralled, there's a particular sick joy you get out of seeing your words in print, especially if they're covering an entire page. Lemme give you a few samples, anyhow, of the editing work if not my article.

"Bhavya Khanna knows Nothing about fashion. Which makes him the perfect candidate to cover the Lakme India Fashion Week. He reports from Delhi"

And they named my piece on the futility of the actual industry "The Great Big Fashion Balloon", from my concluding line, which I thought was a nice touch.

Now, I'd publish the thing over here, except I can't till May 15th, and by that time I'm betting it's going to be a little stale, so just see if you can pick up the thingummy instead.

On unrelated news, this blog now speaks for two, as most of you astute lot would have figured out.

Feeding Time



Brother is also in town for the weekend, and I am thus spending two days doing nothing but loafing around at home with him, and eating copious quantities of food that Ma ensures are present whenever he's around. Mothers all over the world have one great defining characteristic, their undying belief that their sons (I can't possibly claim to know about daughters) must be fed, and fed well. The longer you are absent from home, the greater the desire of the mother to feed. If you're back from school after 8 hours, you will be fed decently. If you're back from a holiday after a week or two, you will be fed quantifiably. If you're back from College and a Summer job after a few months, there'll be a buffet waiting on the table for you. It is now my belief that you can judge how long a mother has been removed from respective progeny simply by the size and number of dishes on offer on the dinner table. This will evolve into an art, nay a science, except it needs a lot of fine research.
Well, I'm off to college soon, and I'm sure I'll get the opportunity.

No comments: