Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Take That! Ye Scallywags!



It's been a long time, since I've been gone.
Okay, enough with the Velvet Revolver Openings, things have been afoot, many things, momentous things, and generally enjoyable things. In short, I've been busy and pretty much as remarkably busy as you can be when your life revolves around the pursuit of fun through nothingness. Lets get through things one at a time, in nice short bloggettes(doesn't that sound like a nice word for blogger babes?).

The All India Senior Secondary Certificate Examination



Also known as the Boards, also known as the bane of teenage existence, for their sheer volume and pointlessness. Happily, this 12th set of them didn't screw me over as badly as I thought it would. I got an 86.6 percent. If you take away Economics, which was the Boards way of saying "Haha, lets see you try to get marks in what you're really good at", my best of four percentage jumps to 90%. Since it is this Best Of Four which has any relavance to the scheme of things, I am now my family's first 90 percenter. That doesn't feel too bad at all. Notable is the fact that I got 94 in Physics.
Now, let me relay something I missed out about the physics exam(for fear of being hit around silly). I left it ten minutes early. This was the long paper that no one could finish, and I had to hear a lot of MCs BCs and other general C's for walking out without so much as revising, when everyone else was struggling to finish. To all these people, I would now like to say "Ha Ha, suckaaaahs".

But see, as inconsequential as they are, they're going to make Singapore mighty pleased, as I've just about hit my predicted marks, in most things. Except of course economics. Which is the course I'm applying for. Bah.
See, predicted marks are these wonderful things you send to foren colleges, so that they get an idea of what you plan to score at the end of the year. You're supposed to keep them realistic, because they'll be damn cheesed off if you tell them you're a clever dick who's going to get 93-94 percent, and don't. Why? Because they've offered you admission on the belief that you are a clever dick, and not a scallywag idiot who gets say, 75% in his boards. So you've got to make every effort to hit what you think you will, cos if you don't the college that gave you admission may just decide it wasn't such a bright idea after all. I've missed mine, if you don't count Eco, by a mere single percent. Yay.

Wings of Flame



Wings of Flame was a set of two youth theatre plays I went to see the night before my board results, starring my good friend Vidz(yes, the much talked about one).
The first one was, surprisingly, decent. Vidz played the lead role of a 14 year old Tomboy, who was denied the opportunity of going fishing, so discovered some valuable family heirlooms and money with the help of the ghost of her great great great grandaunt, who was haunting her for some time. Now, when I first heard the plot, even I thought it was remarkably stupid, but trust me, it actually pulls itself together quite well. It has coherence, structure and form, and good performances from Vidz, her Grandfather in the play, and a chap named Pranav who liked to yell a lot. The ghost was kind of bland though, and could have been done better. Sondra is just a stupid name for a ghost.
The second play on the other hand, was terrible. I shan't go into the details, they aren't worth going into.

Watch out. If I get the time, and the comments I just might relate in the next post my great plans for the future. And I don't mean the next four years.

No comments: