Saturday, January 03, 2004

On Pizza



I had lost my taste for pizza for a year and a bit. Didn't have it much at all. Seems that has changed, and over the last two months, I've been enjoying Pizza again. Plus, its the food of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and you have to love them.
I have also tried all the major pizza chains, and will now proceed to give a run down of them.

Pizza Hut



Its the best, first of all. Its also so outrageously expensive, that I shall never eat it off my own money, nor ask my parents to provide it.
The crust is nice, the cheese is ample, and very good. Its done well, but they don't do much of it. The portions are ridiculously small, and in inverse proportion to the price.

Only for the Rich and Famous.

Smokin' Joes



Don't try it out. Trust me, its not worth it. The cheese is rotten, there's next to no tomato sauce, and they put so much of toppings, that you can't even taste the actual pizza. My chicken sausage pizza was basically chicken sausage, with a bit of bread and tomato here and there. If you are into toppings, and not pizza, go ahead. Its brilliant. But not otherwise.

Also, its not the cheaper alternative to Pizza Hut and Dominoes, its priced just as high.

Slice of Italy



I'd just like to point out right now that I am not recieving any money from Slice of Italy, I am in fact responsible for giving them quite a bit of it.

With that out of the way, let me continue.

Slice of Italy is brilliant. It went down for a few years, but its back with some new Italian chef, and better management, and yes, It Still Is Open. Only one outlet though, so I guess they'll have some delivery range problems.

The pizza's are just right. Good amounts of mozzerella, right amount of toppings, and the crust is done well. They have a wonderfully large range to choose from, and quite a lot of their pizza's don't come with onion and capsicum, which every single pizza of Dominoes and Pizza hut seem to come included with.

They also have a nice amount of simple pizza's, with little or no toppings, so you can enjoy just pizza, and not all the gimmicky frilles on top.

One of those is the Margerita Garlica, which is a must for lovers of Garlic.

They also have a lot of other Italian stuff, which is also good, and nice large 10 inch subways, which are wholesome and filling. Also, they happen to be a lot cheaper than Subways, the only other place to offer sandwiches.

In fact, they are a lot cheaper in all respects. Their pizza's are cheaper than everyone elses, and with the exception of Pizza Hut, better than everyone elses.

Its just wonderful. Four and a half stars and two thumbs up, and one loud belch from me.

Dominos



Theres something not quite right about Dominos' pizzas. They leave a strange artificial aftertaste. The cheese isn't stringy enough either.

Otherwise, they are fine. Not too good, not too bad. I yet have to try the cinni sticks, though. Someone please tell me about them.

Pizza Corner



There is no reason to go to pizza corner above any other pizza chain. Its like another Indian restraunt. Why would you go when Moti Mahal is down the road?

Well, thats about all.

Cowabunga dudes.

No comments: