Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Streetwalking, again



Walking on Delhi streets is fun.

It used to be torture, and I never did it about three years back, and upto 2002, but since then, vehicular pollution is exceedingly low, and unless you happen to be walking through Malviya Nagar, the traffic is not as crazy anymore.

Malviya Nagar should never be walked through, however. The drivers in Malviya Nagar are nuts, and wouldn't think twice about running you down. I have been actually hit by a scooter that was of all things, stopping.

But otherwise, its a great experience. The sun was out today, and thus it was thourorly enjoyable. The IIT road is an excellent walkway, as you can pass through rose garden on your way, and there's ample foliage all around, just to make your day.

If you happen to enjoy music, all the better. For the one thing better than walking on the streets of Delhi, is singing on the streets of Delhi. It really freaks out fellow passers-by. Especially if you are listening to Metallica, or Iron Maiden. You can't sing that any other way but loud.

Added advantages to reach destinations by walking are losing weight, or not gaining it in the first place. I happen to be a skinny reed, and could not manage this with the amount I ate if I didn't walk and or jog six kilometers and upwards a day.

Jogging is about the only thing that is going to work up a sweat in this weather. Even basketball wasn't really effective. Gets you nice and warm.

I've heard something about the adrenaline being good for grouchyness too, and I'm sure everyone who uses a computer, i.e everyone reading this, is quite familiar with grouchyness.

But enough of walking, methinks its time to start jogging again. If weather like this holds up, I'm starting my distance training again. As midnight experiences on new years proved, I still have it in me. So why give it up?

5 clicks non stop by the end of January should be a decent target. Weather permitting, of course. Its hard to breathe in cold air. Someone please explain the physics of that.

This blog is starting to serve its purpose. I feel like writing again. Some decent non-fiction will come soon enough. I have an offer from PC to do a second part to "Just Give me an Uzi, OK?" , inspired by Rahul, and his demented mother, from the LG Goldeneye advertisement.

Though I don't think the Uzi is adequte for the two of them. Several new torture techniques must be designed. Maybe we could tie the two in a chair, and force them to listen to Navjot Singh Sidhu and Mandira Bedi at the same time.

Or make them take a walk with me.

Veni Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos

No comments: