Monday, September 13, 2004

The Senti Stuff



Hey, do any of you know how truly remarkable my friends are? After complaining to no end about how exceedingly hard it was to find a decent birthday present for me, most of them managed to get it pretty much right.
Manav, for instance, got me Wish You Were Here, which I fell in love with.
Karan got me Angels and Demons, by Dan Brown. This is a book which, though not as much fun as Da Vinci Code, I feel is better written, as its twists and turns are a lot less predictable, because you keep thinking the other guy did it. Its the prelude to Da Vinci, and the book where Robert Langdon first appears. I'd really reccomend it, its a great read, for a lazy sunday morning. (Did I mention I finished it on a lazy sunday morning?)
Additionally, while reading Angels and Demons I came across a word, called Seraphim.
Now, a seraphim is literally translated as "The Fiery One", and is a kind of male angel. This particular angel made, umm...vistitations to St. Teresa, for which in fact she was sainted.
She described these visitations as having sent her into throes of ecstacy, and the descriptions were decidedly not spirutual in nature. This entire lengend is captured in a Statue by Bernini, entitled, "The Ecstacy of St. Teresa", and was banned from the Vatican for being too sexually explicit, and thus had to go outside a church in Rome.
Why I bring this up is that this was the second time I came across this word.
The first time was a couple of weeks ago, when Copal insisted on calling me one, even though at the time I had no idea what it meant.
What dreams may come to the girl...
Anyhow, back to the point. I have really exceptional friends. Along with this, I have been gifted a pair of electric pink socks, that do not only clash with my entire wadrobe, but in fact clash with my entire room and house. They're luminous.
Also, I got a Pen-with-A-Girl-In-A-Flowing-Skirt-On Top-Who's-Ass-Lights-Up-Red-When-you push-down-to-write. Needless to say, its our new quizzing pen, and will be carried with us for all events. We don't expect to have any problems with buzzer rounds from now on. Hehe.
Noted exceptions to this exceptional friend thing must be Damini, who ditched us to go study physics, on a class she apparently arranged specifically so that she could have an excuse for not coming. Blah!
Lastly, not one, but two people gifted me "Eats Shoots and Leaves", which means people are really upset by my total lack of spelling, grammar and other related english oddities in my blogs. To them, I'd just like to say, "Go Stick Your Head in a Pig", but that's just me.
Oh, one more thing, someone gifted me a Vase(why???), and I have no idea who it is. Will the Vase-Gifter please claim his/her identity?
Oh, then back to the senti stuff. This is what happens when you do major Chem studying for most of the afternoon, you go a little batty.
Anyhow, I'd just like to send out a whole lot of love to all my buddis and palsh.
And I've crossed my sentipan limit now, so I'll shut up.
Hey, me got a lot of gifts! WooHoo!

No comments: