Saturday, December 18, 2004

This and That



After doing a whole lot of organic chemstry, your mind tends to get a bit wobbly, and randomly starts spewing out terrible organic jokes, such as Madam Sodium Aldehyde, and hexanitrosobenzene being the world's best contraceptive(draw the structure and figure it out), and the like. Rather than go nuts, I thought I'd write a short blog entry, on...this and that.
I read a nice article in one of those education dailies about how English Literature was an important course material for all students, as it tought them not just the language, but how to read between the lines, which is an important skill needed pretty much all the time in everyday life, and could well be lost. It was written by some proffesor at Singapore Management University, an institution I incidently have my eyes on.

Happy days are seemingly not going to be here again for some time now. School's pretty much out, and till the boards are over, and come april, I'm going to be living in some collegeless, school-less limbo, which will mostly involve giving exams. Blah!

Anniversary is coming, namely my Bloggiversary(I love that word, rolls off the tongue, so much more fun than simply saying Anniversary). It's been almost a year since Mundane Musings started, and since that woebegotten time, my blog morphed into Blah!, has turned into Delhi's top resource for Gol Gappas, a major promoter for Rabbi, and has got the thumbs up from every single Ego Surfer with the name Bhavya, who googled in search for glory, and only found my blog. Incidently, one even mailed me at Gmail to admonish me for having the same name, dissallowing the same from getting their own first name at gmail dot com. For all this, I'd like to thank me, and tell the rest of you to Jaast. Or I could be sweet and say thanks for all the comments. I'm still planning out what to do for the 24th December entry, and with the paucity of ideas at the moment, it might turn out to be pretty sad.

Vrinda gave me my bit of advice for today, which shall commit to the annals of Captain Obvious'(another one of my alter egos) great words of wisdom. Here it is: Don't ever walk four kilometers wearing heels. Now, while I myself will never wear heels(I hope not, at least), I realisse that a decently sized demographic of readership is female, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Karan and Mnav have been known to crossdress, so it's great advice for all of ya, please follow it.

No comments: