Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Access Granted



WooHoo! I love it when this gets repetetive. We won access, the whole shebang, edging out DPS VK, thanks to our inne se bachche of DPS Vasant Vihar. There was a really nice looking bigass winners trophy, which we walked off with, along with several other plaques and related items.
Related items include things like vouchers for 300 bucks worth of anything at a Reliance Web World, and, a scientific calculator, which arrived a bit too late.
On a personal note, I won the GD event, which I was made to go for, missing out on first day of Carnival at DPS. Thus, its a damn good thing I won, otherwise...one would have been hazaar pissed.
As I said, I did win the Group Discussion, and was told that I was pretty much a shoe in. I had great fun, however, and this usually results in victory. Besides, I was bound to win, for certain other reasons that were residing in my pocket, (she still hasn't lost an event). The topic for the finals, I must say, was quite a boring one (Business Process Outsourcing), and it was only the formation of an anti-DPS VK Cartel between me and Ankit Sud from AJP that made the event the interesting scope of random abusing, and debunking that it turned out to be. (I have noticed that a lot of the words I now use in my blog feature from the Delhi Times crossword of that particular day. Strange.) The prelims were far more fun, where I went on to prove that Bill Gates was in fact born in India. The full story to that is a long one, and like so many other things, loses its flavour when not told in person.
Ah, anyhow, I win this thing, and for the prize, these people have the strange sense of humour to give me the book "Public Speaking for Dummies". Seriously! Give the losers, or even the third place chap that un, but for crissakes, if I've won the damn thing, one should hope I know a thing or two about public speaking! The prizes were equally dumb for other events, giving Programming winners C++ for dummies, and the like. Jeez.
Right, so with all the auguries of competition out of the way, its time to concentrate on the less intensive fun things in life, such as Tomorrow's Carnival, at DPS. Its been a long time coming, hasn't it? After its over, all we'll have is the farewell...
Ah, I can't resist.
Chalte, chalte, mere yeh geet, yaad rakhna.
Kabhi Alvida na kehna, kabhi alvida na kehna.

But for now, adieu. But a minor promise, that I may or may not keep, that this blog will not die in college, oh yes, it shall live on.

No comments: