Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I'm on Drugs



Well, I'm not. And those will not be my last words, by a long shot, and as much as I would like to think so, I am not, in fact, a Golden God.
But I did have a very strange day today. Around some time after the break in school today, and sometime during the physics lab, I started getting this mellow high, reminiscent of the Beatles songs I've been listening to a lot(Try combining Strawberry Fields and Across the Universe in your head, and see what the world feels like to you). Thing have appeared to jump out at me all day, and not in the Boo! surprise kind of way, in the sort of, "look here's a three D movie, everything's in an extra dimension to you" kind of way.
Anyhow, so I exit the lab, and I've got this strange smile on my face, the kind that wants to jump out, but is restricted by the sheer smallness of your face. Since I had no particular reason to be overjoyed, and quite frankly, I was not overjoyed, I have no idea why it popped on, but everything suddenly seemed very alive. Another factor that helped was that both Copal and Damini were absent today, so there was nobody to tell me that I was plotting something evil, and that I should stop smiling immediately(these are the kind of things I have to hear on a daily basis).
So, anyhow, this lasts about twenty minutes, and then I'm back to general smileyness, right uptil this evening. Then, as I'm walking back from Tution, on the IIT road, it happens again, probably trigged by nice music, and suddenly all the things I generally blank out with loud enough music start hitting me right in the face. Thankfully, these are not cars, but twigs and branches from hanging trees, the smell of the ground, faces of people passing me by, the absolute comfort of my new pair of pants, that sort of stuff. I bet if there was an orange wall infront of me at that moment, I would immediately have said "Look, an Orange Wall!"
Suddenly, I'm able to think and listen to the music at the same time, and for the first time in a long time, thinking didn't lead to dangerous things for me.
Its been a surreal day, and I have no idea why. Sometimes, life just throws these at you, for funs sake, to tell you how little you're using your senses.
Unfortunately, we're a bunch of creeps and never listen, so we'll get back to our dull lives of studying, and the general hum drum activity that surrounds us, in some vain hope that it'll lead us to security and happiness.
Or maybe it will. As with so many other things when you're just seventeen, only time will tell.

No comments: