Monday, November 22, 2004

Informal Interview



Day after, I have my informal interview for University of Pennsylvania. I have as of this moment, no idea where it is, and how to get there. I'm waiting, and continue to wait for an email that may adequetly explain how on earth I'm supposed to reach a farm house somewhere in Vasant Kunj, and also one that will explain what is it exactly that I need to take along with me.
The interview itself doesn't worry me, but there is a sort of weariness about what's going to happen on wednesday. It's all sort of predetermined. I'll get my stuff in order, after school, and claim to head off. Mother will see my condition, decide that I'm looking like a complete Lukha, and change five hundred things about what I'm wearing, before deciding I am presentable enough to leave. Then, I'll probably hitch it to office, from where I'll get the car to drop me to the place. I shall have to leave before time, because we will inevitably get lost, because its impossible to be on course for a farm house in Vasant Kunj, after Sainik Farms, its the most confusing place in Delhi to get around.
After that, my predictive skills stop. I have no idea what I will be asked, whether it'll be fun and light, or an inquisition taking me apart. Either way, I'm game.
The CAT was yesterday, for all of ye who didn't know. I hope Amon, and whoever else took it did well, and give my brother company, so that he can rag them next year. I remember what it was like last year, for bhaiyya, when the damn thing got cancelled. Total KLPD. One hopes and prays no ruddy mafioso don decides to leak more papers this year, for crissakes, let some people give it off their own accord, what.
Speaking of papers, our Monday Test today had the additional contreversy of the Pen Down syndrome. My class, after much counselling, decided against the whole idea, which is a good thing too. This is no time to take panga with the school authorities. I'll save that for the Three Hour English Monday Test (Full Course) they made so that we couldn't enjoy our last few days of school. I don't like it when people tell me I can't enjoy life, so lemme see what fun I can have.
I can, of course, do a repeat of my class 7 paper, and write it in verse(also something my brother did for his pre-boards). I can use my new found skills in writing subversive messages in between text, and put ek hazaar double entendres into the whole shebang. But then, I'm always open to some more wild suggestions, and look to the wise advice of my seniors for support. TheBOFi, Keerthi, Manu, any suggestions?
Because, seriously, you can't not be allowed to have fun in a time which is the least fun life can possibly be. Otherwise, dimagi haalat theek nahin rehti, and you run the risk of turning into Boss, or other depressed cases.

Aisa nahin kar sakte


I'm tired of hearing this phrase. Over the last three years, I've heard it all the time, for every kind of social sitiution. Aisa nahin kar sakte, you can't behave like this, you can't get this done, you can't you can't. Its like some great chant of adulthood. Well, I don't buy it, not just yet. For three years I haven't, and so far there hasn't been a single time I haven't been able to work around the unwritten diktats of society, school, or social interactions. So a message to all of ye, your going to have to work a lot harder to break me just yet, I refuse to go down without a fight. Tum jaante nahin, ham jaise Dheet insaan kam hi milte hain.

No comments: