Friday, November 19, 2004

How The Stupid Eleventhie Ruined my Life



Y'know, the video business has gone on long enough, and I've pretty much not cared about it, because aside from a few extra visitors to this blog, searching in vain for the thing on the net, and a lot of questions from pretty much every school student in Delhi, it's not really affected my life much. I am a pretty self-centered chap, and don't care much for world issues, so I kept out of it, everyone had already exhausted the topic to death, as it was.
But no, now things have changed. This foolish commercie and her activities have had now disastrous consequences on my life, and quite frankly, I hope she burns in some form of hell.
See, here's what happened. Once our Principal came to terms with the whole incidident, she decides that this is just a result of discipline in school being shot to death (and not that of a brainless airhead's great ideas). She took to getting the school back to order in much the same was as George W. Bush took to straightening out the world after 9 crazy Jehadi's crashed two planes into the world trade center. Thus, Madam Chona went on discipline overdrive, and started her crusade(not the mathematical kind) by banning cellphones. Now, this again didn't affect me in the slightest, as I do not own one, leave alone bring one to school. Then, we got to hear a lot of lectures, about how we're all morally bankrupt, and how we're not going to get our character certificates unless we behave, and again, I don't care much, because well, I do behave. But then things started getting a bit nasty. Uniform checks are becoming very regular, again not much of a problem, as I'm now pretty used to wearing the tie(being a school appointment), and have no other hassles. Thus, me was still unnafected.
Yesterday, unfortunately, was the straw that broke the donkey's back. In another effort to up discipline, our school dispersal goes madhouse nuts, which basically means, in a roundabout nutshell, that due to each set of buses being sent off at a time, ensuring that one gets even the slightest opportunity to chat up their friends on the way out, my bus now leaves 15-20 mins later than it used to, back in the days when things were normal. As a result of this, I reached home on Friday at the unsightly time of Two Thirty, and didn't have my lunch till a quarter to three. I had to wait, ladies and gentlemen, till a QUARTER TO THREE before I could partake in my afternoon nourishment, and this quite frankly is way too late for lunch.
And its all this foolish 11thies fault. Her shenanigans have resulted in the delay of my lunch, and I can't think of anything else that could be worse.
Actually, I can, and if concerned teachers do random checks on my house during dinnertime as a result of extra discipline checks, then I don't care who's granddaughter she is, she'll be on my list(Y'know, the Uzi one). There's only so much a chap can tolerate, and a delayed lunch just crosses the line.
See, I'm all for freedom, as long as it doesn't impinge on the rights of others. If little-miss-big-mouth wanted to have her fun, she could at least have kept it under wraps, but no...and now I and a lot of other people must suffer the consequences of her actions.
But as I am loathe to say.
Ah, well.
Such is life.

No comments: