Thursday, February 19, 2004

And Prejudice



As promised, I have finished the given book. Here is my review.

Firstly, lets be honest, its a tough read. Its cumbersome, and the language is really not what I'm used to, so it was hard gettting through it. I took a whole week.

Was it good? Yes, actually, it was. If you can get through it, its got a decent plot, and good lead characters. The support cast, however, are a bunch of brainless twots, much characterised by the rest of Elizabeth Bennets family.

Darcy, I am sorry Vrinda and Damini, I still find is a lot like me. Pride, honour, and a single minded devotion to what he wants are all qualities that I personally believe I possess in much quantity.

Will I however, let my pride and ego take a backseat when it comes to about a girl? Well, as with so many things, it remains to be seen. I wouldn't, however, influence such a desicion based upon a book character.

Let me just say that Darcy did it in quite a composed fashion, and didn't get all gushy. That I admire. Sort of like the gentleman's version of Aakash's stunt at the end of Dil Chahta Hai.

My favorite line from the book?
It has to be "It is settled between us already that we are to be the happiest couple in the world."

How wonderful!

No comments: