Saturday, February 07, 2004

Happy Happy Joy Joy Part Deux



Well, today was the second half of Y. Kumar Student Award, and as stated before i was bouncy going into the event. Needless to say, my enthusiasm did not die out, and this time, instead of pissing merely Vrinda Marwah (I'm going to specify which Vrinda from now on, and which Sonali, for that matter, after certain questions regarding the last post) off, I managed to piss off pretty much everyone except for the very nice Judges(I hope!).

For some reason, bubbly enthusiasm is not what people enjoy. No one got pulled along in the mood, especially not Vrinda Marwah, and apart from Bacchus singing with me for a while, accompanying me on a wonderful rendition of Wild Thing, there was hardly any cheer amongst the general public.

I met a girl from Sanskriti named Emiko, who, quite frankly, rivals Copal in terms of general thickness.

Now, to the competition. First, there was the group discussion, which had three topics, half an hour to the topic. The first was globalisation, and I thororly messed that up, by being too bouncy, and a little too exhuberant. But still, I had fun, at any rate.

The next topic was related to Gender Violence, and through some mysterious quirk of fate, the moderator appeared to share the exact same views as I did. That, in short, was good for me. Hehe.

The third topic was the most fun, because the moderator was the best. He was this nice english proffesor, who let it be pretty much an open discussion, and thus, me and Bacchus pretty much took over. No one else particularly got a word in.

Then, we had a long long wait, as the personal interviews took place, and we waited till our turn, which by the way, was second last.

The interview was good too, I had fun. Well, I've been saying that a lot, but what of it? I've had an amazing couple of days.

I also somehow now have a confirmed blood pressure of 140-90. Good heavens!I'm a bit young for HBP.

Ah, well, such is life.

No comments: