Saturday, February 21, 2004

Deer Park



The winter of my discontent seems to be over, and thus, with weather warranting the wearing of t shirts, I'm back to my morning jogs.

I live walking distance(about 15 mins, that is) from Deer Park, and it is my favorite destination for jogging. It beats Nehru pants down. I really wish that was literarily possible. Images of a deer beating the living daylights out of Jawahar Lal Nehru, and then ripping his pants off with a swipe of the antlers are quite pleasing.

Back to the point. Deer Park is not a park, its a controlled miniforest. The vegetation is mostly allowed to grow wild, so its like a little piece of the Delhi Ridge that you can jog through, as there is a wonderful dirt track, that takes you through the whole park. On the way, you encounter fat aunties, trying to loose weight, Irate Geese, peacocks, and, if you take a bit of a diversion, deer and there used to be rabbits. Occasionally, a decent looking girl will also be jogging, but this is very very rare.

The course itself is exactly one mile long, so its nice if you want to time yourself. Great fun, all in all.

No comments: