Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Matters of Taste



Well, as expected, I am going to blast NieShit's taste in food again, which is quite awful, even without the off incidents of Kheer with Ketchup.

His tiffin, for instance, is uniformly disgusting day in and day out, and is far far far worse than Souvik's Chinese tasting Gobi(Which actually isn't bad).

Thus we get to the point. He is in opinion that Bukhara offers equisite cuisine. I went there a few months ago, with quite the same expectation. This is supposed to be the finest mughlai dining experience in Delhi. Its not. By a long shot. And the prices ensure that I won't even try going there again. Not if you paid me. Its grossly, grossly over-rated.

The Dal Bukhara, which we had to have, was severely overspiced. It was also too thick, which isn't the most desirable quality in dal. Its what happens to leftover Dal when you reheat it, generally.

The meat was good. It wasn't however, amazing. I can have good meat at a wonderful place called Indi-spice, I can infact have my entire meal there for half the price for a dish at Bukhara. At that price, I want it to be amazing.

You want to go five star and Amazing? Go to Dakshin, at the Marriot. Go to the Great Kebab Factory, at Radisson. Do not ever make the mistake of going to Bukhara. No matter what that obese, pant-splitting culinary barbarian thinks.

Cheerio.

No comments: