Saturday, February 14, 2004

Of Bets



Well, it didn't start out as a bet. Originally, my brother told me to read Pride and Prejudice, so as the become more like Mr. Darcy. He's never read the book himself, in fact. So, for background information, he had no idea what Mr. Darcy was like, he, like me previously, never really making any headway through the book.

Now this devolved into a challenge to complete the book. Which I accepted, and borrowed the damn thing on the Library on Friday.

In library, this bet was further taken by Akshat, who was wearing his L-Gaurd, and Damini, who both reiterated the challenge to complete this book. Well, I've never been one to turn down a challenge, and have finished the first 60 pages, in fact.

Well, here's the thing. I'm already quite a bit like one Mr. Darcy. The chap, Darcy, is apparently Arrogant, Proud, egotic, and takes pleasure in abusing people in general, which he does with unbecoming ease.

Sound familiar?

No comments: