Monday, July 12, 2004

inQUIZition returned



WooHoo! We held inQUIZition today, our quiz as I have mentioned before.
We had chief guests and all, namely Siddharth "Bongo" Banerjee, and Arvind "censored" Bhaskar.
Barring the mandatory screw ups with the Audio Round, and scoring related hassles, it was a great success, and the eleventh team that won looks like they'll go far in life. They answered a good deal of questions, and since just about all the questions we asked were nice juicy ones, we were much enthralled.
On a personal note, I had a ball as quizmaster, hehe, I think I might get addicted to it, and not go back to quizzing at all.
The stage, by the way, is a major addiction, if you get over your initial fears. Once on it, its really hard to get off.

On an even more personal note, sometime during the day these couple of giggly girls from class 11 came up to me to ask my name, giggled, and said "You're the Quiz Guy, right?" Now, if girls are to giggle, they should be in class 11 or 12, or Maria Sharapova, but under no circumstances should they be old crazy-women-married-to-Senile-Quizmasters
Hehe, this of course gave me cheap kicks, but everyones allowed those, right?

Qualifying was great too, with lots of teams scoring enough points, we had very few teams getting ones and twos, which we have been used to in the past, and had a tiebreaker for qualifying at 7 out of 21, which is very encouraging. DPS will put good fight at Columban.

On even better news today, our planned interschool quiz is now definitely on, as school has agreed to fund. No if only we could think of a name for it...any suggestions?
This made everyone involved much happy and joyous.

Oh, but there was bad news too. My english and economics marks came out today, and made me very concerned, and not at all happy and joyous.
But I guess the good outweighs the bad. Besides, I have to keep my mood up, my chem marks are yet to come.

No comments: