Saturday, October 23, 2004

Across the Universe



I've been listening to a lot of nice music today. One of the songs has been Across the Universe, by the Beatles. The refrain, or chorus as they say, is "Nothin's gonna change my world".
This is how I feel right now.
Its been one of those days, y'know, when mothers make you get up and do stuff, such as sell TV's, pick up bikes, and go to such horrible places as Panchkauni (somewhere near Karol Bagh) when the Delhi Metro construction is in full swing.
But even with terrible traffic, an afternoon where I couldn't nap, even though I had not much to do, and associated grumblings of upset persons, the fact is that for the next few days, nothin's gonna change my world.
Its the holiday season, ladies and gentleman. The food is becoming wonderful, the terrible music I've had to hear over the Navratras due to obnoxious peeche waale neighbours is over, there aren't too many Patakas yet, I could go on.
But I won't.
Suffice to say, I'm happy. Happier, actually, I'm just a step behind HHJJ mode, and if something really nice happens over the next week, goodbye ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to be living in another world.
Across the universe.

No comments: