Saturday, October 02, 2004

The Mouse Bought It, and Other Stories



For the last god knows how long, a small, very fast, very annoying mouse has been running all around our house, and generally making its prescence felt. Mice aren't a good household's favorite thing in the whole wide world, so it was decided that it would have to go.
Unfortunately, the mouse had other plans.
First, we set non-invasive traps, the kind where you put a bait of something revolting, and expect the mouse to bite, and get trapped inside, so we could politely eject him out of our humble abode, and back onto the city streets. Nobody likes an uninvited guest. This, however, did not work. Even after I suggested we load the traps with something more appetizing than cold bread, it did not work. I'm sure if we baited it with a piece of chocolate, something would have happened, but hey, I'm not giving up my chocs for a two bit rodent.
Next, we got nasty, and put out rat poison. The poison promised that the mouse would eat it, run around a bit for a couple of days, and then decide to politely leave the house, and die outside. Why it would want to do this is beyond me, and well, the mouse seemed to have other plans too. After a week of waiting, Mr. Mouse was still around.
I had of course, suggested getting a cat, but Mother hates cats, for some odd reason. She says there are already too many self-centered attention starved things in the house, without bringing in another one.
Anyhow, we had pretty much given up all hope, and accepted this mouse as a part of our home, when yesterday, out of the blue, it decided to kick the bucket; it rolled over and died just outside my room's door. This is strange, because till now, my room was the one place the damn thing hadn't frequented, and it seemingly didn't get the opportunity, as it died on entry point. Go figure.
No it did not die of the noxious fumes, if any of you are planning to comment so. My room smells perfectly fine, thank you very much.
Well, the mouse bought it, and society was pleased in general.

Other Stories



Yesterday, I had fun in the evenings. We were invited to a anniversary dinner of family friends, so I finally got to try out Punjabi By Nature.
There's only one thing i can say about the place. It lives up to its name. Everything is very Punjabi, the servings are huge, the meat is meaty, and the veggie stuff generally doesn't match up. You'd think its some poncy restraunt charging the usual high price for the tiny bit of food, but no, this place's servings are king size. You could feed a family of four on one item.
Now, it rained a decent amount yesterday, and I'm really considering carrying my camera around everywhere I go. There are some moments that really need to be captured.
For instance, after a good six hours of rainfall, at one at night, after I exited the Movie theare (did I mention I went for The Terminal after dinner? Brilliant movie), most of Vasant Lok Market was flooded. The awnings outside the store had been taken over by a bunch of cows, and one was convinently blocking all exit points, access denied. That would have made a classy picture, because, well, it says a thousand words, and all that. I can't exactly describe how the damn thing was placed, just take my word for it, it was hilarious.

The Terminal is a really good movie, one of Speilberg's best. Tom Hanks acts brilliantly. The story...well, I can't really describe it without giving away a lot, and I guess you've read the trailiers. Let me just say that it captures moments really well, something like a cinematic Shutterbug.

I've discovered that I'm getting Shutterbug Syndrome. Its all my depraved minds fault. I'm going to go yell at it a bit.
This is what happens when you finish most of your physics course, and have a day left to cover one topic.
Blah!

No comments: