Friday, October 08, 2004

It's All about the Pentiums



First and foremost...WooHOOO! No more exams, for a couple of months, and just a couple of SAT 2 subject tests to give tomorrow. This makes me very very happy. I think I've started hating exams a lot now, because I'm really sick of giving them. We have to give em way too often in class 12, and its not right. For crissakes, when the hell are we supposed to learn anything when we're always studying for some exam? Its wrong, its inhuman, and it gets me in a horrid mood, where for just a magic moment, when I'm done studying and done listening to the beatles, and done with the day's daily chores, and put my head to rest, and oft upon my couch I lie, in vacant or in pensive mood

Okay, that was getting to be a bit too much, but basically I end of thinking gaaah, what the hell is the point of it all, I don't want to do this anymore.
But then, you realise, hey, its a matter of two three months, and its going to be a wonderful two three months, and its the last few days you have left of school.
At this point I get horrendously senti (as per my disgustingly enemotional standards), so decide that there are better things to do than this, fall asleep, get up early in the morn, and do stomach crunches to get rid of disgusting flab that sitting on your ass all day doing nothing has a habit of putting on you.
Again, this is flab by my very exacting standards.

But anyhow, all this is over.
Right, now on to main topic of discussion, before I dilly dally any more. Today, after exam, was the Senior Exun meeting, where, as a record, we not only managed to decide events, schedules, food, and what not, but also got invitations made and sent, AVH booked(more on that later), ate pizza, chatted a lot, and basically organised in one afternoon what should have taken half a week. In fact, for all you wannabe participants, the info should be up on the site by late tonight, which just shows you how incredibly efficient Exun is.
Here's a breakup of how things went at this meeting. I arrive, along with Skaran at the Egurucool Lab, I tell him, sorry for being late, for I arrived at 10 35, as I pointed out to him it was physically impossible to arrive on time at 10 30. To prove me right, all other members show up 15 mins later, why I get hot and bothered about the complete lack of punctuality in an otherwise well organised set up. Following this, we man the iMac and HCl Beanstalk, and start preparing everything from invitations, to letters to the principal, to event shedules. Then, me and Karan decide to do mounting, and mount our iPods on the Mac, to exchange music. Then, Mukesh Sir gets upset, because we aren't working any more, so starts yelling at us for listening to music. Thus, we must work a little more. Soon after, the Pizza arrives(oh, yes, we ordered Pizza), and six of us polish of 4 large pizzas. This is quite understandable, as of the six included likes of me, Nisheeth, and Maanick, otherwise known as the Dheet Punjabi Squad.
Then, we got back to fluid exchange between mounted iPods, and I've now got more new stuff from Skaran's iPod, and he will now enjoy such wonders as the Hitchhiker's radio series.
I am, of course, telling you all this simply as an excuse to make very bad intended mounting puns while writing. But this is not the extent of my depravity.
The true depth of my depravity, I discovered last night, when much to my wonder and amazement, I managed to braid my leg hair.
This is what happens during exam season. What to do, we are like that only.
Will my life turn out to be as terrible as its been for the last two weeks?
Will October be the most disastrous month of my life?
What is the Porcupine cure, and why shouldn't anyone be allowed to see it?
Will you ever find out the answers to these questions?
Find out, on the next, now more regular, and generally more interesting Daily Dose of Blah!
Oh, and in the words of Lowly Exun Members
I'm back.

No comments: